Thursday 2 January 2014

Stupefy – Princess Susie's visit to the Harry Potter studios

Princess Susie, our Sleeping Beauty doll, just won't stay put. She celebrated Christmas by visiting the Harry Potter studios in London. 

If you would like Susie to visit you, please send an email to Emma Hogan on ehogan@staffordbc.gov.uk. 

Also, if you still haven't booked your tickets to this year's rock 'n' roll panto, don't wait any longer. It only runs until January 11, 2014. Just call us on 01785 254653 or book online here.

Dear friends,

I don't know if you're aware of this, but I love reading. My favourite books are fairy tales and fantasy novels, where anything is possible and magic is the only rule that applies. That's why I was incredibly excited when my friend Fiona from the Stafford train station offered to take me with her to the Harry Potter studios in London.

The journey seemed like it would take a while, so I took a nap in Fiona's bag and, before I knew it, I woke up on Privet Drive, where the amazing Harry Potter grew up. Do you know why J.K. Rowling chose this name for the street where the Harry Potter novels started? According to Pottermore, it's because of the privet bush, a hedge that isolates houses in the suburbs. Apparently J.K. Rowling thought suburbia and isolation linked well with the Dursleys, who go to such lengths to stay away from anything even remotely magical.
Rock 'n' roll panto

I spent my day at the Harry Potter studio admiring some amazing outfits and original sets from the films.

Rock 'n' roll panto


I also found some very realistic and a little bit scary masks that some of the characters wore. Who did you think was the scariest character? I was always terrified of Lord Voldermort.

Rock 'n' roll panto

However, I always loved Dobby, the house elf, despite him being a bit clumsy and getting Harry into all sorts of trouble. Here I am with Dobby, who was particularly tired that day. Too bad we both have our eyes closed in this picture.

Rock 'n' roll panto

Finally, I had a lovely Christmas dinner at the studios and thoroughly enjoyed a very delicious mince pie. If I don't get to see you before Christmas, I wish you all a peaceful holiday, filled with love, cheer and happiness! Merry Christmas!
Rock 'n' roll panto

Your jolly friend,
Princess Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment