Wednesday 18 December 2013

Susie’s Prague celebration

Susie, our Sleeping Beauty doll, isn't getting much sleep these days. She's back once again from her trip around the world. This time she’s been spreading the word in Prague about our rock n’ roll panto, which runs up to January 11, 2014. You can book tickets here if you haven’t already.

Dear friends,

I have now made the long trip to Prague after visiting Belfast to spread the word of rock n’ roll. The second time I’ve been on a plane was even more exciting than the last. I can’t wait to go on one again!

Prague is home to many famous bridges. Here am I on the Charles Bridge with a couple of friends. It’s 621 meters long, so you can bet it took me a while to cross. My friends explained that his bridge was instrumental in making Prague a trade route between Eastern and Western Europe.
Rock 'n' roll panto
On a sunny, but very chilly day
Here’s a picture of me by the Vltava river, about to go on a romantic river cruise. I just wish my childhood sweetheart, Simon Steadfast, could be here with me.  
Rock 'n' roll panto
Close-up. Oh no, I had my eyes closed.
Why is everything in Prague so big? Another example of Gothic architecture, St. Vitus Cathedral is nearly 100m tall. It makes a doll like me feel very tiny. It’s also really old. Apparently, in the 1300s, when the cathedral was built, some of the designs were considered to be revolutionary.
Rock 'n' roll panto


Finally, this is me and my friend at the clock tower. Installed in 1410, it’s the third oldest astronomical clock tower in the world, and the oldest one still working.  Who needs a watch in Prague when you have this?
Rock 'n' roll panto
On top of the world
That’s all for my travels in Prague, I’m afraid. Now I’ve got to get some rest for my next trip. I’m not certain where I’m going, but I know it’ll be tons of fun.

Your friend,
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment