Monday 9 December 2013

Rock ‘n‘ rolling in the happiest of cities

The third blog post from Princess Susie, our Sleeping Beauty doll that is currently travelling around the world, is out today. If you’d like Princess Susie to visit you, just drop us an email at ehogan@staffordbc.gov.uk.

Spread the word and don’t forget to book your tickets for this year’s Sleeping Beauty rock ´n´ roll panto, which opens on December 13. You can also call us on 01785 254653.

Dear friends,

Susie here. After a long journey through the Carpathian mountains I finally arrived in Romania’s capital city, Bucharest. It’s a very big and crowded place, but I really like it. The name comes from the word “bucur” which means joy or happiness. And it really is a fun place, I’ll tell you that.

Yesterday I visited the biggest building I’ve ever seen - the Palace of the Parliament. Its so big, the World Records Academy named it the world’s largest civilian building with an administrative function as well as the most expensive administrative building and the heaviest building in the world. Here I am, posing in front of it. I had to take the picture from very far away, so I could fit all of the building in the frame.

Stafford rock 'n' roll panto
In front of the Palace of the Parliament in Bucharest


After this, my friends and I went for a drive around Bucharest city centre. We were stuck in traffic for ages.

Stafford rock 'n' roll panto
I even practiced my driving a little bit


...and ages.

Stafford rock 'n' roll panto
 I was ready to walk the rest of the way


Ater what seemed like days, we managed to get to a lovely place called the Romanian Athenaeum. It’s a huge concert hall, similar to the Royal Albert Hall in London. This is where classical music concerts are perfomed almost daily. I was lucky enough to go in and listen to a symphonic concert, and I have to say I absolutely loved it. I’d really like to learn how to play the violin.

In front of the amazing Romanian Athenaeum

Bucharest is a great place to visit and I had a really lovely time, but I’m going to have to move on now. There’s still so much more to see. I decided to hitchhike for a while. I’m not sure where I’ll be heading next, but I bet it‘s going to be somewhere exciting. In the meanwhile, safety first.

Stafford rock 'n' roll panto
On my way to the next destination


Your friend,
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment