Wednesday 18 December 2013

A Belfast adventure

The newest post from Princess Susie, our Sleeping Beauty doll travelling around the world is finally here. If you’d like Princess Susie to visit you, send an email to Emma Hogan on ehogan@staffordbc.gov.uk.

There's still time to book your tickets for this year’s Sleeping Beauty rock ´n´ roll panto, which runs until January 11, 2014. You can also call us on 01785 254653.

Dear friends,

Susie here. I’m finally back from my trip to Belfast, the lovely capital of Northern Ireland. When I arrived there, I was so amazed by the scenery that I couldn't decide what to do first.

After a while of gazing at the outdoors, it became clear to me that there was only one place to go in the spirit of Christmas - the Belfast Christmas market.

Rock 'n' roll panto
Where I had a steaming cup of mulled wine
The market had cheeses, olives, pastries and rare meats like kangaroo and alligator. It was so full of Christmas cheer and delicious foods that I felt like I never wanted to leave. Here I am, looking very excited, next to the Belfast Christmas market poster.

Rock 'n' roll panto
A very jolly experience indeed
The locals told me that the city has much more to offer and that I should spend my time here wisely. So I decided to visit Titanic Belfast.

Rock 'n' roll panto

Wow! The building was grand as the Irish folk would say. That’s no surprise though as it‘s described as the largest Titanic visiting centre in the world. It was such an experience to relive the Titanic story in a giant six-floor building. Here I am outside the famous visitor centre.

Rock 'n' roll panto
Just resting my eyes a little bit
On my last day in lovely little Belfast, I decided to go to the seaside. It might seem like a strange thing to do in December but I’ve never been to the seaside before. Here I am staring up at the clouds and blues skies.
Rock 'n' roll panto
Staring at the sun beyond the clouds
On my way to the airport, I noticed a poster for Belfast’s production of Sleeping Beauty. It doesn’t look quite as rock ’n‘ roll as my Stafford Gatehouse Theatre’s take on the classic tale but I’m sure they’ll do me justice!
Rock 'n' roll panto
I think I'm definitely prettier 
Belfast has been such a great experience for a little doll like me, the people are friendly, the accent is brilliant and the city is full of culture. I’m so in love with this place but it’s time to move on, I hear Prague calling!

Your friend,
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment