Thursday 16 January 2014

No place like home

Princess Susie, our Sleeping Beauty doll, is back home where she belongs. Here's an account of  her return to Stafford Gatehouse Theatre. 

If you've had a chance to see the Sleeping Beauty Panto, please leave us a comment to let us know what you thought of it. 

For all you Panto fans out there, we have great news. You can already book your tickets for the 2014 Rock 'n' Roll Panto Cinderella here, or by calling our box office on 01785 254 653.


Dear friends,

Susie here. Golly gosh, it's good to be back home! With all the exciting adventures lately, I didn't even realise how much I missed my beloved Gatehouse Theatre, with it's lovely people and the incredibly tasty scones you can get in our café.

After almost two months of travelling, I'm finally back to sunny Stafford. If I do say so myself, the timing of my return was spot-on! I came back just in time for the last show inspired by your favourite Sleeping Beauty doll – me.

Being the busy body that I am, I couldn't resist helping out with the show. Here I am making some last minute adjustments on a costume. It would seem someone has got a little festively plump over the holidays...
Cinderella Panto
I love helping out back stage

Since Fairy Frederica was a little bit late that evening, I made sure her microphone and wig were in working order before the show. I think blue brings out the colour of my eyes, don't you?

Cinderella panto
Blue has always been my favourite colour. 
I never realised I had so many fans on the Gatehouse Theatre team. Everyone wanted to get their photo taken with me. Here I am preparing cues with lovely Abbie, one of the theatre's technicians.

Cinderella Panto
They don't call me Susie Q for nothing
During the performance, I helped Deputy Stage Manager Beth run the show. She's brilliant at it, but I also had some very valuable input, I think.
A very bright light we have here
Here I am, after the show, congratulating Beth Peach-Robinson on her excellent portrayal of me during the last month or so. She's such a gifted performer, I'm honoured she was the one who brought my story to life.
Cinderella Panto
We could be twins, don't you think?
In all the excitement and the celebrations, I snuck back to the office for a little while. It's nice and warm in here and it feels like home. Despite the excitement of my travels and the amazing people I've met along the way, I can honestly say there's no place like home. In fact, I felt so happy and content, that I decided to take a little nap on the keyboard. There really is no place like home!

Cinderella panto
I missed this!

Your friend,
Princess Susie

PS: I'd like to thank everyone who has been reading my travel journal. Remember, if you like stories, magic and music, you're going to love our next Panto – a rock 'n' roll version of Cinderella - so book your tickets now. I have a feeling I might also be around for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment