Monday 1 July 2013

Bottom's Blog: Week 3


"It's all go!!

I think I've even surprised myself how many oatcakes and sweet treats I've needed the past week simply to maintain my shape what with all the running around we have all been doing.  (This is simply to save our wardrobe dept having to take my costume in any further!!) 

Our final rehearsals in the Gatehouse went really well and the excitement of heading up to the castle site became almost unbearable! The sun shone, our beautiful set was built, the urn in the portacabin worked and all was ready to start our final run throughs in the shadow of the mighty castle itself.  (Although the promised stairlift to get me from the car park up the hill to the arena had not materialised again this year...the matter is now with my Zurich lawyers!) 
Copyright Darren Thomas

As I sat in the stand, looking over the set and fortifications beyond it was as if I'd never been away! Absolutely lovely! The tech and dress rehearsals went very well as we adapted to the task of timing entrances running round the hill as opposed to taking three steps on-stage as we had in the theatre.

And now...we're up and (quite literally) running.  The opening night was damp and chilly but our hearts were warmed by the response of the sell out crowd who cheered and clapped their way through the evening as only the wonderful Stafford audiences do!! Just what we needed.  I hear rumours of lovely reviews and a morning after rush at the box office! Don't leave it too late!

 Eric xx
Copyright Darren Thomas
 
Copyright Darren Thomas



No comments:

Post a Comment